Skip to main content

Bad Day

 I feel bad and I am pissed. I am so tired of it.

   I’ve been anxious all day so I skipped my first 2 periods but I decided to pull through and go to my dual classes anyways. I got up, did my makeup, and felt bad. I went to class, took my notes, and felt bad. I texted my mom I was going to my next class off campus, got in my car, and felt bad. I could feel the tears coming but I had done my makeup and I didn’t want to mess it up, so I tried to hold them back. They came anyway, and I was so pissed. I was pissed my makeup was now streaking down my face. I was pissed that I can’t easily go to all of my classes like everyone else. I was pissed that I can’t just feel normal. I am so damn tired of not feeling normal! I just want to be happy! I hit my steering wheel and screamed. I definitely looked like a psycho to anyone driving by. I cried and yelled at myself and at God and at this damn illness because I’m tired of seeing my moms face drop when I’m feeling anxious or depressed. I’m tired of having to text my best friend in the morning to find another ride because I’m not going to school. I’m tired of calling in sick to say I can’t volunteer at H.A.L.T.E.R. I’m tired of feeling like this, I’m pissed.
This is me in the midst of a bad day.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

not looking: a poem

Would you like to know when I love you the most? When you don’t even know I’m looking. When you don’t know I’m looking, I can see your mind working silently. It’s a beautiful picture. Though you are still, it’s as if I could see your thoughts moving, swirling, busy. Your eyes searching and alive, it’s captivating to watch. When you don’t know I’m looking, I can see you feel the music you play. Nothing compares to times like that. Your brows furrow, just barely, singing the lyrics and eyes close, being part of the moment. Your voice fills the room with sound that calms me and strumming that fills my heart. 

Bisexuality

   I suppose this is me officially coming out. I’m slightly terrified but also feel incredibly liberated. I want to be proud of who I am, so this is me, unapologeticly. I am bisexual.     I didn’t have someone in particular that made me “realize” it; in fact, for a long time I denied it to myself. Contrary to popular belief, I didn’t think it was cool or popular to be bi (Shocking, I know). I thought maybe it was normal to see girls the way I did so I never thought twice about it, until  around my freshman year. That’s when I started considering I was anything but straight. There were more people coming out and being gay wasn’t as taboo as I had always thought; before you even think it, no, it’s not like that “turned” me gay. I think having my eyes opened to something other then heteronormative life, even if it was just a glimpse, made me realize how I saw girls wasn’t how straight girls saw them. Now, at that point I had had boyfriends and was sure I ...

Mental llness

   Sometimes I think it's odd that people I see, talk too, work with, have no clue what goes on inside my head; my illness. It's not always physically noticeable, but it's most certainly there. I have clinical anxiety/panic disorder and major depressive disorder.    About 7 months ago my grandmother underwent a major surgery, which resulted in my first panic attack. My grandmother is now fine, as much as someone her age can be, but my anxiety continued and progressively got worse. I'm not sure if it would have resulted eventually anyway or if the stress of the surgery was a trigger, but from that point forward it's been part of my life. Not only did I start having anxiety, but depression too. They hit me like a brick wall and neither me nor my mom knew how to proceed. We started out just seeing if I could suck it up and wait for it to pass. When it didn't pass, and got worse, I told her I needed something to change because I could not live like this. We started...